Patricia Keith’s Biography
Patricia Keith practices counselling and therapy under the supervision of a Registered Psychologist or Registered Psychological Associate who are members of the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
She has since earned several degrees and certifications including Certification in Masters Degree in Christian Counselling and a PhD in Counseling. She is a Certified Professional Counsellor, Suicide Bereavement Clinical Training, Core knowledge and Skill of withdrawal Management and Addiction. Sexual Behaviour Training from the Forensic Division Centre of Addiction and Mental health (CAMH).
Patricia practices counselling and therapy in Toronto at Break Free Family Centre, with over 15 years of counselling therapy in addiction, substance abuse, anger management, family court issues, mental health, Grief, sexual behavioural understanding and applying dialectical behaviour therapy in sex offender treatment and much more.
Patricia is a Clinical Therapist and Family Counsellor who holds credentials privileges as such membership with the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP). Canadian professional Counsellors Association (CPCA). Bereavement Ontario Network (BON). She provides psychological services under the supervision of a Registered Psychologist of Dalton Associates.
Patricia works collaboratively to help her clients build upon their strength to solve family issues, as well as to learn new ways of coping with the issues that concern them and their family. She supports and assists her clients to manage anxiety, depression, eating disorder, mental health issues, motor vehicle victims, and trauma in order to effect the desired change in her client’s lives.
Patricia worked as a nurse for 30 years; she has the ability to contribute substantially to the established goals of her clients. She is well qualified to correctly assess clients with the ability to cope well in any critical incident, and mental health disorder offering them understanding and support in directing them through their issues.
She works effectively with our clientele, superiors, and colleagues, as well as Family Responsibility Office, Ontario Justice System, and Parole Board to produce successful results. She works with her clients to improve relationships, behaviours, and academic performance dealing positively with difficult situations and solve emotional problems. Patricia work towards measuring the positive outcome of her client’s goals, especially young adult and young offenders with progressive therapy assisting them to get out of the Justice System.
- Canadian Christian College with a MA and PhD. in Counselling,
- Humber College, Early Childhood Education
- Certificate of Core Knowledge and Skills for Withdrawal Management from CAMH for Addiction Counselling
- Counselling Suicide Bereavement Clinical Training
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County Crisis Intervention Provider/Facilitator,
- Community Services Wraparound Toronto, Wraparound Provider/Facilitator
- Master Practitioner Practicing Counselling Psychology from Canadian Professional Counsellor Association (CPCA)
- Pre-Marriage, Marriage Counselling, Individual and Group Therapy-Facilitator
- Effective Parent Facilitator
- Member of the Etobicoke Strategy Committee and Community Liaison