Patricia Keith’s Biography
Patricia Keith practices counselling and therapy under the supervision of a Registered Psychologist or Registered Psychological Associate who are members of the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
Patricia Keith holds a Doctorate in General Practice Psychotherapy from CCCCA, Calgary, Alberta and California State Christian University with a Ph.D. As a Canadian Certified Counsellor and Clinical Therapist, Patricia practices counselling and therapy in Toronto at Break Free Family Centre, with 13 years of counselling therapy in addiction, substance abuse, anger management, family court issues, mental health issues and much more.
Patricia is a Clinical Therapist and Family Counsellor who holds credentials in the United States and Canada with the EOCPCA and is a regulated member of the Federal Government Charted 1982 with all rights and privileges as such membership confers with of the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP). She provides psychological services under the supervision of a Registered Psychologist of Dalton Associates.
Patricia works collaboratively to help clients build upon their strength to solve family issues, as well as to learn new ways of coping with the issues that concern them and their family. She supports and assists her clients to manage anxiety, depression, eating disorder, mental health issues, motor vehicle victims, and trauma in order to effect the desired change in her client’s lives.
Patricia worked as a nurse for 30 years; she has the ability to contribute substantially to the established goals of her clients. She is well qualified to correctly assess clients with the ability to cope well in any critical incident, and mental health disorder offering them understanding and support in directing them through their issues.
She works effectively with our clientele, superiors, and colleagues, as well as Family Responsibility Office, Ontario Justice System, and Parole Board to produce successful results. She works with her clients to improve relationships, behaviours, and academic performance dealing positively with difficult situations and solve emotional problems. Patricia work towards measuring the positive outcome of her client’s goals, especially young adult and young offenders with progressive therapy assisting them to get out of the Justice System and preventing others from entering the Justice System.
- California State Christian University with a Ph.D. in Counselling Doctorate of Philosophy, General Practice Psychotherapist (G.P.P.) from CCCCA. Calgary, AB
- Canadian Christian College with a MA in Counselling,
- Humber College, Early Childhood Education
- Certificate of Core Knowledge and Skills for Withdrawal Management from CAMH for Addiction Counselling
- Crisis Intervention Provider/Facilitator, CPI & CPR Provider/Facilitator, Wraparound Provider/Facilitator
- Member of the Etobicoke Strategy Committee and Community Liaison
- Master Practitioner practicing Counselling Psychology from Canadian Professional Counsellor Association (CPCA) as of December 15, 2014